Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization. Without volunteer labor the increased construction cost of each home would prevent it from being affordable for future Habitat Homeowners. Take the first step in helping to make a family’s dream of homeownership come true.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator
Download our Volunteer Policy and Waivers below
Volunteer on a Build Site
As a Build Site Volunteer you will…
- Work with Construction Site Supervisors and loyal volunteers who will guide you through the building process. No construction experience is necessary!
- Complete tasks such as raising walls, painting, landscaping, siding, installing cabinets and countertops and so much more!
Build Site Volunteer Guidelines
- Proper attire must be worn.
- Ideal group size is 5-7 individuals.
- Bring lunch, water bottle and sunscreen.
- Normal building schedule is Wednesday-Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (subject to change in inclement weather).
Construction volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Contact our office at 330-745-7734 for volunteer opportunities for youth under 18 years of age.
Host a Women Build with Habitat for Humanity
Spend the day helping build a family’s future home surrounded by empowering women to help create strength, stability and financial stability! Dozens of International Women Builds have taken place, and the program aims to direct financial assistance to women-led projects.
Volunteer in the ReStore
As a ReStore volunteer you will…
- Work with our ReStore staff and volunteers
- Unload donations from the ReStore trucks
- Create displays and organize the sales floor
- Individuals – Volunteer positions are flexible and work with your busy schedule.
- Groups – Fun group work days can be arranged that tackle a ReStore ‘special project.’
- Corporate – Register as a corporate group or as individual employees for your company’s community service program.
- School Service – With Saturday and after-school hours, the ReStore is an excellent place to complete service-learning requirements.
- The ReStore accepts volunteers Tuesdays – Saturdays.
You must be at least 14 years old to volunteer.
Volunteer at an Fundraising Event
As a volunteer you will…
- Work with the Habitat Marketing Department and event committee
- Get free admission in return for your time
- Be a social ambassador for the event: promote on social media and hang flyers at your workplace/school.
- Complete event planning and organizing tasks:
- Prepare auction baskets
- Transport and unload auction items at venue
- Hang sponsor signage and posters at venue
- Set up tables, chairs, and decorations
- Guest registration and check out
July: “A Home in One” Golf Outing
October: “Build in Style” Purse & Accessory Party
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
Weekly Prayer Partner
Commit to praying for Habitat for Humanity of Summit County each week. We need your prayers of support for our staff, volunteers, Partner Families, and donors as well as Habitat’s national and International work that supports renewing communities, families, and building hope through affordable housing. As a Christian organization, we believe God empowers our work and guides us to live out our mission every day.
What does a Prayer Partner do?
- Dedicate intentional time each day for one week to pray for Habitat for Humanity of Summit County.
- Share your volunteer prayer commitment with your friends and family, inviting them to join you.
Examples of Prayer Topics:
- Partner Families – families completing applications, families working through our program, and families currently living in Habitat homes
- Volunteers – that we have dedicated, hard-working volunteers, pray for their safety and health
- Resources – that we have the materials, funds, labor, and support to complete our builds and programming in Summit County
- Community – we pray our work builds up communities, creating vibrant, healthy, loving communities where all families thrive
Habitat for Humanity Construction Safety Orientation Video