We believe that, everyone deserves a decent place to live. Habitat for Humanity partners with people in our community, and all over the world, to help build or improve a place to call home. Habitat offers individuals in the community the ability to achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and for their families. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our partner families and homeowners and the communities we serve. We are driven to serve as a voice for people in need of decent housing by working to change laws and shape policies that affect access to housing. We challenge ourselves and our volunteers to build homes, communities, and hope. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our families and one another succeed.
Habitat for Humanity of Summit County was organized as an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International in 1986. We have been building homes for families in Summit County for over 30 years. To date we have built over 200 homes and housed more than 300 adults and 500 children.
Culture Statement: At Habitat for Humanity of Summit County, our hardworking team members always display the highest level of respect, integrity and dedication. Our competent, reliable and friendly staff ensure the success of our affiliate.
This part-time position is responsible for greeting visitors to the HFHSC business offices, answering phone calls, and accepting payments and applications from current and potential future homeowners. S/he maintains a running inventory of office supplies ensuring supplies are ordered when needed. S/he also coordinates community service worker assignments and processes all paperwork. The Administrative Assistant helps to log volunteer hours, process mailings, coordinate donations to the ReStore, and many other duties throughout the organization.
What you need:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in administration, secretarial sciences, or related field –or– equivalent experience
- Experience in a nonprofit organization preferred
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- Understanding of the challenges faced by low income families
- Integrity, organization and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive family information
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office
- Valid In-State Driver’s License, ability to successfully pass a drug screen and background check
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills with other departments, sponsors, volunteers, and partner families
- Ability to effectively represent Habitat for Humanity to the public
- Commitment to the Habitat mission, values and ethics
- Consistently and professionally interact with individuals from varied background
To apply please fill out this application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at our office at 2301 Romig Road, Akron, OH 44320 along with a copy of your drivers licenses. Please no calls. Application Download