We believe that, everyone deserves a decent place to live. Habitat for Humanity partners with people in our community, and all over the world, to help build or improve a place to call home. Habitat offers individuals in the community the ability to achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and for their families. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our partner families and homeowners and the communities we serve. We are driven to serve as a voice for people in need of decent housing by working to change laws and shape policies that affect access to housing. We challenge ourselves and our volunteers to build homes, communities, and hope. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our families and one another succeed.
Habitat for Humanity of Summit County was organized as an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International in 1986. We have been building homes for families in Summit County for over 30 years. To date we have built over 200 homes and housed more than 300 adults and 500 children.
Culture Statement: At Habitat for Humanity of Summit County, our hardworking team members always display the highest level of respect, integrity and dedication. Our competent, reliable and friendly staff ensure the success of our affiliate.
The Procurement and Logistics Manager is responsible securing donations of building materials, furniture and appliances for resell in the ReStore, Habitat’s retail operations. The PLM is also responsible for securing donations of building materials for the construction and home repair program to keep our costs down in that cost center. Additionally, management of the ReStore in a co-manager environment for the direct support of the goals and mission of HFHSC. For logistics, the PLM is a partner with other co-managers in scheduling product donations picked up in the community and routing the trucks. This role includes some supervision of paid staff, volunteers, and community service workers in the ReStore.
What you need:
- High School diploma or equivalent; college degree in business management or related field preferred
- 2 – 3 years minimum demonstrated job-related experience, preferably in retail sales management and logistics
- Bondable, should the board of trustees request this license
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, including excellent phone skills
- Ability to provide direction to HFHSC staff and volunteers in a positive, affirming manner
- Ability to lift or move objects weighing 50 pounds
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about the store
- Knowledge of Summit County boundaries and logistics to schedule donation pick ups
- Valid In-State Driver’s License, ability to successfully pass a drug screen, physical and background check
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills with other departments, sponsors, volunteers, and partner families
- Ability to effectively represent Habitat for Humanity to the public
- Commitment to the Habitat mission, values and ethics
- Consistently and professionally interact with individuals from varied background
- Ability to create, adjust and maintain working calendars and schedules
- Possess strong problem solving skills, the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel occasionally
To apply please fill out this application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at our office at 2301 Romig Road, Akron, OH 44320 along with a copy of your drivers licenses. Please no calls. Application Download