Director of Development and Engagement
The Director of Development and Engagement reports to the President & CEO and is directly responsible for programs as they relate to the overall fiscal success of the affiliate including fundraising and grant writing; family services; volunteer services; faith relations, public relations and communications including special events. The Director of Development and Engagement leads the organization in achieving its mission by overseeing the staff functions in program areas, under the supervision of the President & CEO and within the policies, guidelines and budget established by the board of trustees. In addition to staff oversight and leadership, the Director of Development and Engagement will directly participate in grant writing and fundraising and be an active ambassador for Habitat for Humanity in the community.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, human services or related area
- Three or more years of operational management experience, preferably in the Habitat and/or non-profit sector, including resource development, financial management, marketing and communications or special events
- Superior analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Insight and skill to effectively lead a voluntary, non-profit organization within a complex internal and external environment
- Proven track record in sound operational management, and motivating supervision of others
- Ability to attract, retain, lead and motivate quality associated staff and volunteer leadership
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with supervisor, direct reports, and other Habitat staff.
- An understanding of the national and international relationships of Habitat is preferred
- Valid In-State Driver’s License, ability to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills with other departments, sponsors, volunteers, and partner families
- Ability to effectively represent Habitat for Humanity to the public
- Commitment to the Habitat mission, values and ethics.
- Consistently and professionally interact with individuals from varied background
- Ability to create, adjust and maintain working calendars and schedules
- Possess strong problem solving skills, the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Proficient with computers and software
What you’ll get:
- Paid Time Off
- Simple IRA, with up to a 3% match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance 100% coverage for employees and options to purchase for spouse or families
- Cell phone and mileage reimbursement
- Up to 15 paid holidays per year
- Potential yearly bonus based off quarterly performance objectives
- $15,000 life insurance policy paid 100% by affiliate
- Flexible work schedule
- $50,000 – $80,000
We believe that, everyone deserves a decent place to live. Habitat for Humanity partners with people in our community, and all over the world, to help build or improve a place to call home. Habitat offers individuals in the community the ability to achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and for their families. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our partner families and homeowners and the communities we serve. We are driven to serve as a voice for people in need of decent housing by working to change laws and shape policies that affect access to housing. We challenge ourselves and our volunteers to build homes, communities, and hope. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our families and one another succeed.
Habitat for Humanity of Summit County was organized as an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International in 1986. We have been building homes for families in Summit County for over 30 years. To date we have built over 200 homes and housed more than 300 adults and 500 children.
Culture Statement: At Habitat for Humanity of Summit County, our hardworking team members always display the highest level of respect, integrity and dedication. Our competent, reliable and friendly staff ensure the success of our affiliate.