Habitat for Humanity of Summit County’s “A Brush with Kindness” (ABWK) Exterior Home Repair Program, in partnership with the City of Cuyahoga Falls, ensures that families live in safe and well-maintained homes. The program is designed to revitalize the appearance of the neighborhood, encourage connections within the community and most importantly, help preserve affordable housing stock.
Income eligible applicants may receive a 0% interest loan that will be deferred until the sale or transfer of their property or they are no longer the owner occupant. Funds are limited and will be disbursed based on application approval order.
Read the Press Release Here
Complete an application for assistance. Along with your completed application, you must provide the following information to determine qualification:
- Copy of driver’s license or state I.D. for anyone 18 years of age or older, residing in the home.
- Proof of income for anyone 18 years of age or older, residing in the home. Acceptable forms of income include: past two (2) months’ pay stubs, SSI, Disability, or pension statement, past two (2) years’ income tax returns for those that are self-employed, and proof of any other form of income.
- Proof of Homeowners Insurance (only a copy of the declarations page is needed).
- Proof of Mortgage (if one exists on the home) and that it is current.
- Proof of current utility bills, past two (2) months’ statements for water, gas and electric.
You will be contacted by Habitat for Humanity staff throughout the rehabilitation process.
This program is for exterior home repair only for items such as windows, doors, siding, shutters, gutters, porch repair/replacement, porch steps, porch/trim painting, landscaping, and other minor exterior home repair.
Habitat for Humanity of Summit County is contracted by the city to:
- Income qualify loan applicants
- Conduct a comprehensive home inspection
- Develop a scope of work that ensures the end result is satisfactory
- Oversee all aspects of the rehabilitation process